Research Trials by Dr. Sadanandan as Principal Investigator
- STEP-AMI. An open study assess the safety, tolerability and the effect on coronary artery patency of intravenous AR-C69931MX as both monotherapy and adjunct to Activase in patients with ST elevation myocardial infarction.
- OAT Trial. Occluded Artery Trial: A NHLBI Funded Multicenter Trial to test the late Open Artery Hypothesis.
- TNT Trial. The Effects of LDL-Cholesterol lowering Beyond Currently Recommended Minimum Targets on Coronary heart Disease (CHD) Recurrence in Patients with Pre-Existing CHD
- COURAGE Trial. Clinical Outcomes Utilizing Revascularization and Aggressive Drug Evaluation
- COMPLY Trial . A Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Two Intravenous Dosing Regimens of a Complement Inhibitor in patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction Undergoing Thrombolytic Reperfusion Therapy
- EXTRACT- TIMI 25 Trial. Enoxaparin and Thrombolysis Reperfusion for Acute Myocardial Infarction Treatment. Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction – Study 25
- ADVANCE-MI Trial. Multicenter Clinical Trial Evaluating Facilitated PCI in patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction
- The ACTIVE Trial (Use of the Assurant® Cobalt Iliac Stent System for the Treatment of Iliac VEssel Disease) Study
- The Complete® SE SFA Study: The Medtronic Complete Self-Expanding(SE) SFA Stent for the Treatment of Atherosclerotic Lesions in the Superficial Femoral Artery and/or Proximal Popliteal Artery
- PROTECT II Trial: A Prospective, Multi-center, Randomized Controlled Trial of the IMPELLA® RECOVER® LP 2.5 System Versus Intra Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP) in Patients Undergoing Non Emergent High Risk PCI
- SAPPHIRE WW registry for Carotid stenting: Stenting and Angioplasty with Protection in patients at high risk for carotid end arterectomy.
- CURRENT Trial – Randomized multinational double blind study, comparing high loading dose regimen of clopidogrel vs standard dose in patients with unstable angina or non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction managed with an early invasive strategy
- Closure – I Trial: A Prospective, Multicenter, Randomized Controlled Trial to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of the STARflex Septal Closure System Versus Best Medical Therapy in Patients with a Stroke and/or Transient Ischemic Attack Due to Presumed Paradoxical Embolism Through a Patent Foramen Ovale
- Advanced Coronary Intervention Performance Study – PTCA Performance Study VA-CARDS- A Coronary Artery Revascularization in Diabetes Study (VA-CARDS) PCI vs. CABG in the diabetic patients.
- ICARUS Trial: A prospective trial to evaluate Atrium I-CAST covered stent for Iliac stenosis.
- MACE Trial: Multi-center Prospective Study to Evaluate Outcomes of the Moderate to Severely Calcified Coronary Lesions (MACE)
- LIFE Study: Least Invasive Fast-Track EVAR With the Ovation Prime™ Abdominal Stent Graft System Trial
- ARTISAN TRIAL – ARTISAN: iCAST™ RX De Novo Stent Placement for the Treatment of Atherosclerotic Renal Artery Stenosis in Patients With Resistant Hypertension
- SAFE DCB Study – Lutonix drug coated balloon in the treatment of SFA stenosis.
- LIBERTY Registry – Endovascular management of calcified PAD
- ATHERSYS – Intra Coronary Stem cell therapy in NSTEMI
- STOP PAD – Stromal derived growth factor injections for PAD
- ECLIPSE – Orbital Atherectomy for CAD
- REVEAL – Phase II Atherectomy trial for PAD
- CALM – 2 – Phase II study for carotid sinus stimulation for resistant hypertension
- Renal Denervation – TARGET BP I Trial: A randomized international, sham-procedure controlled trial, comparing renal denervation performed with the Peregrine System Kit in the treatment group to the sham control group.
- Imbria CIMB-8972-201 Phase 2 Study of Patients with Refractory Angina
- BLOCK/CKD – A Phase 2, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Multi-Center Study to Assess the Efficacy, Safety, and Pharmacokinetics of KBP 5074 in Patients with Moderate to Severe Chronic Kidney Disease and Uncontrolled Hypertension
Publications by Dr. Sadanandan
Sadanandan S, Sherrid MV. Clinical and Echocardiographic Characteristics of Spontaneous Echo Contrast in Sinus Rhythm. Circulation 1998 Supplement (abstract)
Sadanandan S, Lamas G, Hochman JS et al for the OAT Investigators. Angiographic Characteristics and Management of Occluded Infarct Related Artery Following Acute Myocardial Infarction – Findings From the Registry of Open Artery Trial. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 1999 Feb;33 (supplement A):379A
Sadanandan S, Azadpur M, Aziz E, Tamis J, and Slater JN. Clinical and Angiographic Predictors of CPK release following Stent Implantation in Coronary Artery Disease. J Am Coll Cardiol 2000 Feb;35 No.2 (supplement A):4A
Thadani U and Sadanandan S. Lack of Beneficial Effect of Intravenous Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Platelet Receptor Inhibitors in Patients with Acute Coronary Syndromes: Time to Reconsider Their Routine Use. J Am Coll Cardiol 2001 Feb;32 No.2 (supplement A):366A
Sadanandan S, Hochman JS, Criger DA, Ross AM, Wagner GS. Significance of combined anterior and inferior ST elevation in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Scientific Conference on Molecular, Integrative, and Clinical Approaches to Myocardial Ischemia. Seattle, WA. AHA Abstracts 2001 Aug. P87
Sadanandan S, Cannon CP, Dibattiste PM, Robertson D, Kugelmass AD, for the TACTICS TIMI-18 Investigators. Outcomes of patients with spontaneous versus post PCI CK-MB elevation: Data from TACTICS TIMI-18 Trial. Circulation 2001:104: Supplement II; 697
Kugelmass AD, Sadanandan S, Cannon CP, Dibattiste PM, Robertson D, Braunwald E, for the TACTICS TIMI-18 Investigators. Early invasive strategy improves outcomes in acute coronary syndrome patients with prior CABG: Results from TACTICS TIMI-18. Circulation 2001:104:Supplement II;548
Kugelmass A, Sadanandan S. Acute myocardial infarction, cardiogenic shock and the elderly, does revascularization matter? 3rd Scientific Forum on Quality of Care and Outcomes Research in Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke: Abstract Publication. Am Heart J Oct 2001
Kugelmass A, Sadanandan S. Beneficial effect of revascularization in elderly patients with cardiogenic shock. J Am Coll Cardiol Mar;39 No.5 (supplement A):292A
Sadanandan S, Veerappan B, Schechter E, Ghani M, Hennebry T, Saucedo J, Blick K. A Prospective Study to Evaluate Adequacy of Anticoagulation for Percutaneous Coronary Interventions in Patients with Acute Coronary Syndromes Presenting for Early Angiography on Subcutaneous Enoxaparin. J Am Coll Cardiol 2004:43:31A
Sadanandan S, Lazzara R, Desai R, Patel A, Vesely S, Schechter E, Sivaram CA, Kugelmass A, Thadani U. Routine Upstream versus Selective In-lab Use of Glycoprotein 2B-3A Inhibitor in High Risk Patients with Non-ST elevation ACS Managed With Early Invasive Strategy. Am J Cardiol 2004;94 (suppl) :39E
Sadanandan S, Steinberg JS. Ischemic Skin Necrosis: A Complication of ICD Implantation. Heartweb Vol: 2 No: 5 March 1997
Sadanandan S, Sherrid MV. Clinical and Echocardiographic Characteristics of Spontaneous Echo Contrast in Sinus Rhythm. J Am Coll Cardiol 2000; 35:1932-1938.
Sadanandan S, Steinberg JS. Signal Averaged P Wave: Technique and Clinical Applications. Annals of Noninvasive Electrocardiology. 1999;4(4):401-407
Sadanandan S and Hochman JS. Early reperfusion, Late reperfusion and the Open artery hypothesis: An overview. Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2000;42:397-404
Sadanandan S, Buller C, Menon V. Dzavik V, Terrin M, Thompson B, Hochman JS. The late open artery—a decade later. Am Heart J 2001 Sept; 142(3):411-421
Steinberg JS, Martins J, Sadanandan S, Goldner B, Menchavez E, Doma Russo A, Tullo N, Hallstrom A; the AVID Investigators. Antiarrhythmic drug use in the implantable defibrillator arm of antiarrhythmics versus implantable defibrillators (AVID) study. Am Heart J 2001 Sept;142(3):520-529
Pahlm-Webb U, Pahlm O, Sadanandan S, Selvester R, Wagner GS. A new method for using the direction of ST-segment deviation to localize the site of acute coronary occlusion: the 24-view standard ECG. Am J Med 2002 Jul; 113(1):75-8
Sadanandan S, Hochman JS, Kolodziej A, Criger DA, Ross, A, Selvester R, Wagner GS. Clinical and Angiographic Characteristics of patients with Combined Anterior and Inferior ST segment Deviation on the Initial Electrocardiogram during Acute Myocardial Infarction. Am Heart J 2003;146:653-61
Veerappan B, Latif F, Patibandla S, Hennebry T, Ghani M, Saucedo J, Schechter E, Sadanandan S. Primary PCI for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction in a patient treated with subcutaneous enoxaparin utilizing point-of-care Enox test. J Invasive Cardiol. 2003 May;15(5):4p
Weintraub WS, Sadanandan S. Percutaneous coronary intervention in stable patients after acute myocardial infarction. Circulation. 2003;108(11):1292-4.
Fahdi IE, Saucedo JF, Hennebry T, Ghani M, Sadanandan S, Garza-Arreola L. Incidence and time course of thrombocytopenia with abciximab and eptifibatide in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention. Am J Cardiol. 2004 Feb 15;93(4):453-5.
Sadanandan S, Cannon CP, Gibson CM, Desai R, Murphy SA, DiBattiste PM, Braunwald E. A risk score for predicting coronary artery bypass surgery in patients with non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes. J Am Coll Cardiol 2004; 44:799–803.
Sadanandan S, Cannon CP, Cheuri K, Murphy SA, DiBattiste PM, Morrow DA, de Lemos JA, Braunwald E, Gibson CM. Association of elevated B-type natriuretic peptide levels with angiographic findings among patients with unstable angina and non ST elevation myocardial infarction. J Am Coll Cardiol 2004; 44:564–8
Sadanandan S. Do serum B-type natriuretic peptide levels predict short-term mortality and angiographic success? Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med. 2005 Feb;2(2):72-3.
Kugelmass AD, Sadanandan S, Lakkis N, Dibattiste PM, Robertson DH, Demopoulos LA, Gibson CM, Weintraub WS, Murphy SA, Cannon CP; Early invasive strategy improves outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndrome with previous coronary artery bypass graft surgery: a report from TACTICS-TIMI 18 Investigators. CritPathwCardiol. 2006 Sep;5(3):167-72.
Singh IM, Subbarao RA, Sadanandan S. Limitation of fractional flow reserve in evaluating coronary artery myocardial bridge. J Invasive Cardiol2008:20;E161-6
Singh, IM; Antoun, PS; Shoemaker, TJ; Colin T; Kwo, PY; Tector JA; Breall JA; Sadanandan, S. Cardiac Catheterization as a Strategy for Pre-operative Risk Stratification in Patients Undergoing Liver Transplantation. Circulation. 2008;118: S903-S904
Antoun, PS; Singh, IM; Colin T; Shoemaker, TJ; Kwo, PY; Breall, JA; Sadanandan, S. Pre-Operative Pulmonary Hypertension And Mortality In Patients Undergoing Liver Transplantation. Abstract presentation. Society for Cardiovascular Angiography & Interventions (SCAI) 32nd Annual Scientific Sessions in Las Vegas from May 6-9, 2009
Bolad IA, Khan B, Vonderlohe E, Sadanandan S, Breall JA. Cardiac events after non-cardiac surgery in patients with previous coronary intervention in the drug-eluting stent era. J Invasive Cardiol 2011:23;283-6
Aggarwal A, Revtyak G, Sadanandan S. Pharmacological Thrombectomy with superselective intra-lesional abciximab in patients with STEMI – Is it the new standard of Care? Abstract presentation. Euro-PCR Paris, 2012.Closure or medical therapy for cryptogenic stroke with patent foramen ovale. CLOSURE I Investigators. Furlan AJ, Reisman M, Massaro J, Mauri L, Adams H, Albers GW, Felberg R, Herrmann H, Kar S, Landzberg M, Raizner A, Wechsler L; N Engl J Med. 2012 Mar 15;366(11):991-9
FREEDOM Trial Investigators. Strategies for multivessel revascularization in patients with diabetes. Farkouh ME, Domanski M, Sleeper LA, Siami FS, Dangas G, Mack M, Yang M, Cohen DJ, Rosenberg Y, Solomon SD, Desai AS, Gersh BJ, Magnuson EA, Lansky A, Boineau R, Weinberger J, Ramanathan K, Sousa JE, Rankin J, Bhargava B, Buse J, Hueb W, Smith CR, Muratov V, Bansilal S, King S 3rd, Bertrand M, Fuster V;. N Engl J Med. 2012 Dec 20;367(25):2375-84
Ansari, H and Sadanandan, S. Allergic Reaction to Percutaneously Placed Amplatzer Device for Symptomatic Patent Foramen Ovale. J Clin Case Rep 2013, 3:12
ACTIVE Trial Investigators. Sustained patency and clinical improvement following treatment of atherosclerotic iliac artery disease using the Assurant cobalt iliac balloon-expandable stent system. Molnar RG, Gray WA; J EndovascTher. 2013 Feb;20(1):94-103.Ansari, H and Sadanandan, S. Percutaneous Support with TandemHeart Device for Post Myocardial Infarction Ventriculoseptal Rupture and Cardiogenic Shock: A New Treatment Paradigm? Cath Lab Digest. Vol 22: Issue 2: Feb 2014
Laird JR, Jain A, Zeller T, Feldman R, Scheinert D, Popma JJ, Armstrong EJ, Jaff MR; Complete SE Investigators. Nitinol stent implantation in the superficial femoral artery and proximal popliteal artery: twelve-month results from the complete SE multicenter trial. J EndovascTher. 2014 Apr;21(2):202-12
Mehdi H. Shishehbor, DO, MPH, PhD; John Rundback, MD; Matthew Bunte, MD; Leslie Miller, MD; Parag Patel, MD; Saihari Sadanandan, MD; Michael Fitzgerald, MSN, Joseph Pastore, PhD, Vikram Kashyap, MD, Timothy D. Henry, MD. SDF-1 plasmid treatment for patients with peripheral artery disease (STOP-PAD): Randomized double blind placebo controlled clinical trial” (VMJ-18-3246.R1 – In press)