We will not offer or perform procedures that are unnecessary or futile
We will care for you respecting your individual wishes and goals of life.
We will offer our services with very high quality exceeding the national outcome measures of treatment
TCIR Affiliated Hospitals
- St Joseph’s Main Hospital 3001 West Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Tampa, FL 33614
- St Joseph’s Hospital North 4211 Van Dyke Road Lutz, FL 33558
- Advent Health Carrollwood Hospital 7171 North Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa, FL 33614
Partners and Affiliations
Tampa Cardiovascular Interventions and Research is affiliated with Renal Hypertension Center – A team of 20 Nephrologists practicing throughout the Tampa Bay area to provide Comprehensive Cardio-Renal Care. (www.renalhypertensioncenter.com)
Tampa Cardiovascular Interventions and Research is affiliated with Genesis Clinical Research Group conducting advanced cutting edge Cardiovascular research (www.genesisclinicaltrials.com)
SAIHARI SADANANDAN, MD, FACC, FSCAI
Interventional Cardiology and Endovascular Interventions
Dr. Sai Sadanandan is the Director Tampa Cardiovascular Interventions and Research in Tampa Florida. He is board certified in Cardiovascular diseases, Interventional Cardiology, Vascular Medicine and Endovascular Interventions. Dr. Sadanandan earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from Madras University in Chennai, India. He then completed an Internal Medicine residency and fellowship in Cardiovascular disease at Columbia University in New York, New York. He continued his education by completing an Interventional Cardiology and Endovascular Interventional fellowship at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard University in Boston, Massachusetts. He has also completed an Executive Health Administration education at Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts.
Prior to his current position Dr. Sadanandan has been Associate Professor of Medicine and Director of Vascular Interventions at Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana University Health, Indiana and subsequently Director of Interventional Cardiology and Cardiac Cath Labs at St. Josephs Hospital, Bay Care Health System, Tampa Florida.
Dr. Sadanandan is an accomplished author, speaker and presenter of various topics in coronary heart disease and peripheral arterial disease, having contributed articles to the Circulation, Journal of the American College of Cardiology and American Heart Journal. His clinical interests include interventional management of complex coronary artery disease and peripheral arterial disease. His expertise is in high risk coronary interventions using percutaneous left ventricular devices, advanced peripheral arterial disease interventions including limb salvage, percutaneous management of abdominal aortic aneurysms, DVT/pulmonary embolisms, ASD/ PFO closures, venous interventions and carotid stents. He is an active clinical researcher and is the principle investigator of several national and international cardio-vascular clinical trials. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, the American Heart Association and Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions. He has been selected many years as “Top Doctor” by US News and World report.
Certifications / Crendentials
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, 1997.
- Board Certified in Cardiovascular Diseases, 2000, 2012
- Board Certified in Nuclear Cardiology, 2000
- Board Certified in Echocardiography, 2001
- Board Certified in Interventional Cardiology, 2005, 2016
- Board Certified in ABVM – Vascular Medicine – 2019
- Board Certified in ABVM – Endovascular Interventions – 2019
Membership in Professional Organizations
- American College of Cardiology
- American Society of Echocardiography
- American Heart Association and American Stroke Association
- Member – Clinical Cardiology Council
- Member – Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention
- Interdisciplinary Working Group on Atherosclerotic Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Member Society of Coronary angiography and Interventions
- Member Society of Vascular Medicine